• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Difference between Pernod and Ricard?

mbanu

I've had Pernod but was wondering if it was worth the effort to seek out a bottle of Ricard. How do they compare against eachother? Same drink different name, or distinct in their own right?

I've had Pernod but was wondering if it was worth the effort to seek out a bottle of Ricard. How do they compare against eachother? Same drink different name, or distinct in their own right?

Pernod is more yelloy and a bit more intense. Richard is a little mellower and lighter in color. Seek out Henri Bardouin for the best in Pastis.

Bruce Frigard

Quality control Taster, Château D'Eau Winery

"Free time is the engine of ingenuity, creativity and innovation"

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

• 2 weeks later...

To me Pernod is sweeter than Ricard, while Ricard is more herbal.