• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I'm Cuckoo for Loco Pops

phlawless

If you find yourself in Nashville, we have a similar spot called Las Paletas in the 12 South neighborhood. They don't have a sign, but it doesn't stop people from queuing up on Saturdays. I think Saveur gave them a shout-out last year. I love their grapefruit, hibiscus, cucumber and peppers, tamarind . . . At the end of last summer, they started selling those refrigerator packs so you could get a dozen or so home before they melted.

LPM - Nashville-Based Food Enthusiast

Personal Blog: Boston Dreams and Michelin Stars

lpm@wardandsmith.com

• 3 weeks later...

This is the kind of a place that will bring a tear to my eyes because it does what it does so well.

My wife and I went there after a mediocre dinner at the Federal (the food can be hit or miss, but the beer makes up for it). We each had two and they were quite good. I had 1) lavender cream and 1) mango chile and she had 1) pineapple basil and 1) peanut butter banana.

Can't wait to go back.

I tried the Lavender Cream one last week and it was delicious. I hope they repeat it again. It had such an intense floral smell and really delicate taste. I live down the road and since it's so hot, I usually get the mojito or the hibiscus locopop. When it's a little cooler, I love the cookies and cream pop as well as the mexican chocolate and chocolate chili.