• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

On October 22, 2018 at 1:17 PM, Toliver said:

Can you find Tillamook brand ice cream (click) there? 

I'm impressed with their take on different flavors. Their "Oregon Strawberry" was refreshing and tasty. I've also tried their "Udderly Chocolate" and, while it didn't knock my socks off, it was still very good.

Thanks for giving us your taste-test results!

My local supermarket has had Tillamook ice cream on sale, and I've been bingeing since I posted on the thread previously.  They don't carry all the flavors I want to try,  but what I have tried have been nice.  Caramel Butter Pecan has been my favorite so far.  I've also had Oregon Strawberry,  Chocolate Peanut Butter,  Tillamook Mudslide, and Cookies & Cream(picked up that last one at Walmart which I've discovered carries many more flavors than my supermarket.)  I'm getting burned out on ice cream, but I see Caramel Toffee Crunch,  Salted Butterscotch(not sure if that one is available locally), and Chocolate(odd that my supermarket doesn't carry plain old Chocolate) in my future but probably not my near future.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

On October 22, 2018 at 1:17 PM, Toliver said:

Can you find Tillamook brand ice cream (click) there? 

I'm impressed with their take on different flavors. Their "Oregon Strawberry" was refreshing and tasty. I've also tried their "Udderly Chocolate" and, while it didn't knock my socks off, it was still very good.

Thanks for giving us your taste-test results!

My local supermarket has had Tillamook ice cream on sale, and I've been bingeing since I posted on the thread previously.  They don't carry all the flavors I want to try,  but what I have tried have been nice.  Caramel Butter Pecan has been my favorite so far.  I've also had Oregon Strawberry,  Chocolate Peanut Butter,  Tillamook Mudslide, and Cookies & Cream(picked up that last one at Walmart which I've discovered carries many more flavors than my supermarket.)  I'm getting burned out on ice cream, but I see Caramel Toffee Crunch,  Salted Butterscotch(not sure if that one is available locally), and Chocolate(odd that my supermarket doesn't carry plain old Chocolate) in my future but probably not my near future.