• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle Weekly Best of Seattle

Yawn. My answer would be no, in general.

Observations:

I thought it was cool that Jone's BBQ, and not Tony Roma's, won. I think Tony Roma's wins a lot because people who don't eat BBQ at least have heard of it and want to fill in all the blanks.

Obviously eGulleteers didn't vote for best burger because Red Mill one again (personally I like them a lot, but I voted for Palace Kitchen and I still haven't had their burger).

There was no Best Sushi category for the voters. That would have been interesting because unlike the Met, Pagliacci, or Red Mill/Robin, there is no single place that more than 5% of the voters would agree on.

BTW, congrats Jason on another win. I'm guessing all the voters went to the Ave. :)

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

I would wager that *cringe* I Love Sushi wopuld do quite well. Lots of people love it. I think it's garbage.

Bacon starts its life inside a piglet-shaped cocoon, in which it receives all the nutrients it needs to grow healthy and tasty.

-baconwhores.com

Bacon, the Food of Joy....

-Sarah Vowell

I'd say I Love Sushi is okay, but unremarkable, like 90% of sushi restaurants. I agree on the name recognition though.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons