• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining in New Hope/Lambertville

David McDuff

Hamilton Street Grill in Lambertville is a BYOB... it is excellent if you like meat... great outdoor eating also if it is a nice night... search the NJ forum for reviews.

also i highly recommend Deannas in Lambertville... not BYO but a nice selection of wines and excellent fresh-made-to-order pasta.

I belch, therefore, I ate...

Hamilton Street Grill in Lambertville is a BYOB... it is excellent if you like meat... great outdoor eating also if it is a nice night... search the NJ forum for reviews.

also i highly recommend Deannas in Lambertville... not BYO but a nice selection of wines and excellent fresh-made-to-order pasta.

We went to Manon a few months back - very good. BYO. French country style as I remember. I found it after a long search and review trek and was very pleased at the choice.

Evan

Dough can sense fear.

We went to Manon a few months back - very good. BYO. French country style as I remember. I found it after a long search and review trek and was very pleased at the choice.

Evan

Must second this choice as my wife's cousin is the chef! At Manon that is.

Edited by Jeff L (log)

I'll third Manon. I've not been myself, but have had universally good reports from firends that have had the pleasure and whose palates I trust.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

#9 is the best choice for lambertville. Manon is hit or miss, specials are never as good as the menu standards, which are very bisto like. Deanna's at its new location is great. I think Hamilton Grill room hit a peak a few years ago, was resting a bit, and then this past year has really improved and brought it up a notch. A plus at Hamiilton Grill Room is that you can have a pre or post dinner drink at the next door boathouse. Stockton Inn is down the road, also serving a great menu this season.

Phungi,

I did a 40th b-day for my so last Oct. at The Inn at Phillips Mill.If you rplanning on spending the night I'd highly recommend it.It oozes romance, the food is good, and the room rates pretty reasonable.

All,

As promised, I've posted a full snyopsis of my meal at Manon. You'll find it in a string dedicated to Manon, Lambertville.

Phungi,

We enjoyed our meal with only a few reservations. For a special event like your anniversary, I think it would be a nice stop if you're looking for solid but basic food in a casual, relaxed and (at least a little) romantic environment.

• 4 weeks later...

went to #9 lat night, and it was excellent. the menu is brief, with only a few specials, but well worth the trip. Sorry, no pics, but for starters I had a tomato-creole-crab bisque and my wife had the beet salad.. both were excellent.

I had their braised short ribs in a gorgonzola sauce over mashed potatoes and veggies. sounds very basic but the wine reduction and the gorg. made an excellent mix and the mashed were creamy and not the lumpy garlicy type that have become the norm at many places. The salmon dish my wife ordered was simply the best salmon I have ever had, in a wasabi/soy presentation and seared to perfection. The desserts were not quite as noteworty, and since we were pushign maximum density, peach cobbler that was perhaps not appreciated.

Thanks for the recommendation... we will surely be back to this gem.

I belch, therefore, I ate...