• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

In PUNCH there was an interesting article about Amari that are made in the US. In that list I've tried Margerum amaro, which is closer to a sweet vermouth with a bitter edge than an amaro per se but is delicious nonetheless. Also Fernet Francisco that I mentioned already and recommend. Lastly I had a chance to try St. George Bruto Americano last week. I had it on ice and it is very intensely bitter, less sweet than Campari, and with much less orange. With its very long gentian finish, it reminded me more of Suze. I was told that it works great in a Negroni!

St. George Bruto Americano

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

In PUNCH there was an interesting article about Amari that are made in the US. In that list I've tried Margerum amaro that is closer to a sweet vermouth with a bitter edge than an amaro per se, but is delicious nonetheless. Also Fernet Francisco that I mentioned already and recommend. Lastly I had a chance to try St. George Bruto Americano last week. I had it on ice and it is very intensely bitter, less sweet than Campari, and with much less orange. With its very long gentian finish, it reminded me more of Suze. I was told that it was great in a Negroni!

St. George Bruto Americano