• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pre-cut cellophane

lorilei1170

I am looking for pre-cut, clear cellophane sheets (crisp polypropylene will work also) in

6" x 6" square size. (or as close as possible, up to 8" x 8" may work) So far in all my internet searching I have found only large sheets; 15" x 15" or larger and rolls.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks all!

I haven't been able to find them at any size at all! Where did you find the 15" ones? I would fold those into fours and have four 7-1/2" ones over cutting them from a roll.

Sweet Celebrations has 5x5" (#17302 $20.85/1000) and 4x4" (#17299 $13.75/1000) clear cello sheets. They have a website, sweetc.com - I think, (sorry I don't know how to link yet), but they usually take orders by phone, IIRC. 1-800-328-6722. HTH

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I am looking for pre-cut, clear cellophane sheetsAny ideas/suggestions?

Thanks all!

There is a Japanese company called Package Nakazawa that carries bakery packaging and they will precut cellophane to order. However, they require a 4-6 week lead time because everything is shipped here from Japan. They also have minimum orders so this probably won't work for you unless you are ordering a lot.... They have some existing sizes that are less expensive because they are running them for other companies.

The phone number is 818/907-9764

Fax: 818/907-9756

Email: yokuaki@americanaccessusa.com

Edited by Matsu (log)