• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Ferrarelle mineral water

ghostrider

Wondering if anyone has encountered a source for this delectable Italian water in their shopping excursions. Preferably in the Bergen/Passaic/Essex/Hudson county area.

I've found a couple of online sources, but I'd prefer not to have to pay shipping costs, needless to say.

Thanks.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

Wondering if anyone has encountered a source for this delectable Italian water in their shopping excursions.  Preferably in the Bergen/Passaic/Essex/Hudson county area.

I've found a couple of online sources, but I'd prefer not to have to pay shipping costs, needless to say.

Thanks.

You may want to try Whole Foods they have every kind of water I ever seen, they're all over and ridgewood nj too.

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Wondering if anyone has encountered a source for this delectable Italian water in their shopping excursions.  Preferably in the Bergen/Passaic/Essex/Hudson county area.

Thanks.

You may want to try Whole Foods they have every kind of water I ever seen, they're all over and ridgewood nj too.

The Montclair branch doesn't have it but it's small. Maybe the big one in Edgewater....

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

Here's a possibility. Danone markets Ferrarelle here in the U.S. and their home delivery is Sparkletts. I would call Sparkletts and as them if they would deliver the Ferrarelle to your home. Water delivery companies do do that. It's worth a try!

"Danone Waters of North America Inc. markets domestic brands Sparkletts®, Alhambra®, Crystal Springs and Dannon®, and imported brands Evian®, Ferrarelle® and Volvic®. Headquartered in Pasadena, Calif., Danone Waters of North America Inc. markets products across the U.S. and parts of Mexico. Sparkletts® Home and Office Delivery is available in Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Texas, Washington, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware."

The Tenafly Gourmet Farm produce store used to carry Ferrarelle, right in the front window past the cashiers. They do have new owners there, but I believe they still have this water. I have also seen it at other stores, but I don't remember exactly where. You should be able to find it.

P.S. Is it that much different from Evian?

Thanks for the good suggestions here.

Very different from Evian to my palate. A taste that reminds me of times in Italy & that's never a bad thing. Also, Ferrarelle has a high potassium content, & in this weather that's never a bad thing either. (I'm getting really bored with eating bananas.)

Edited by ghostrider (log)

Ghost--

A lot closer to home for you are the numerous Italian delis/markets on Ridge Road in Lyndhurst, North Arlington and even on the north end of Kearny! For the life of me, I can't come up with one name at the moment, but I'll try to do a drive-by and at least get a few for you. Fwiw, there is definitely one on the corner before/opposite my favorite cheap gas station (Gulf: 2.23/gal as of yesterday) on your left just past Kingsland Ave as you drive south on Ridge Road...green awning.

I'll let you all know if I come up with any names! :wacko:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Ghost--

A lot closer to home for you are the numerous Italian delis/markets on Ridge Road in Lyndhurst, North Arlington and even on the north end of Kearny!  For the life of me, I can't come up with one name at the moment, but I'll try to do a drive-by and at least get a few for you.  Fwiw, there is definitely one on the corner before/opposite my favorite cheap gas station (Gulf: 2.23/gal as of yesterday) on your left just past Kingsland Ave as you drive south on Ridge Road...green awning.

I'll let you all know if I come up with any names!  :wacko:

The ones I think Curlz is thinking of in Lyndhurst are Appetizzio's, Michael's Salumeria, and Lentina's. They're small, but do carry a fair amount of imported Italian products.

Appetizzio's and Michael's are definitely two of them...good call, Pete! I know that Pietro's (shock--also on Ridge) has a small 'market' of Italian products inside as well. I'll keep those coming as I remember/get names, Ghost!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

THanx again for all the ideas!

It just occurred to me last night to hit Appetizio's. Should have thought of that earlier, since a Google on their name is what led me to eGullet in the first place. Brain not working well in heat.

The Italian deli/market near the Gulf station is called Lentina's. It's on the corner of Ridge Road and Ten Eyck Ave, 1-2 blocks south of Kingsland Ave (Pietro's is on the corner of Ridge and Kingsland, fwiw). Lentina's # is 201-531-9077.