• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Follow-Up on Paris Events

And at the Inn at Little Washington I just had deviled eggs... quail eggs, part of the menu for the Relais Chateaux events in Paris in a few weeks.

Jeanne -- Thanks for your responses to date. On the Relais & Chateaux Paris events:

(1) What and when are the events (including participating Michelin three-star chefs, if information is available)?

(2) Are members of the public permitted to purchase tickets or otherwise attend?  :wink:

The Relais Gourmands 30th anniversary gala is June 20 for more than 200 guests at Pavillon Gabriel, Champs Elysees.  Sorry! Invitation only.

On June 21 and 22 there are collaborative dinners, in which 15 American-based chefs will cook at 15 Relais Gourmands restaurants in France and SPain.

Jeanne -- Particularly given your access to events like the R&C ones described, would you consider remaining active as an eGullet member as your schedule permits after this Q&A session?  :wink: For example, I would be interested in hearing about the menus for the Paris events and other press-specific events.

Jeanne, I second cabrales' request. Your presence here has been very rewarding. Hopefully you'll have had a bit of fun yourself and can roll round from time to time to post and read.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Oh, let me correct a verrrrry wrong impression. I'm not going to Paris. 1) Our budget can't afford it. 2)It would be one of those stories that says "I'm eating in a fabulous place and YOU'RE NOT," and you know how I hate those stories.

But we are going to do a piece soon, before the events, that will set the stage and give readers recipes from the Paris dinner.  

And thanks for the nice comments about this chat. I'll try to keep dropping in. It would just be a lot easier and I'd have a lot more time.... if I didn't have to put out the Food section every week!