• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

3rd Annual NJ Potluck and eG Society Fundraiser

Rachel Perlow

The Newburgh idea is a good one. Unfortunately, it wasn't ideal from Chicago because the earliest flight out of Chicago on Sunday the 18th is scheduled to land in Newburgh at 12:57 pm, a half hour after the event starts. When you factor in the drive, that's a fairly late arrival. Also the fare differential was only about $35.

My flight into Newark lands at about 9:30 am on the 18th, so even with a delay (I've learned to factor those in lately), I should be able to get to the event on time.

=R=

Edited to add: It's official! I just paypal'd my admission to the event. :smile:

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

Ok, so here is the first official l stupid question.

What is the difference between the prices? Do you get something extra for the other prices or is it just more generous?

I did look in the prior year posts, but they are VERY long.

Thanks,

Kristen

Edited by bestgirlkk (log)

We have decided to skip the professional BBQ this year as there is so much food just from the potluck and I'm sure there are many experienced smokers & grillers out there that want to show off their talent. There's even a grill available if you need to finish off your dish on site.

I'm in! I've made my donation. If folks want to do some serious barbecue, I can tow down my trailer mounted Klose pit. The cooking chamber is six feet long and two feet wide so it will more than accomodate anything folks want to smoke.

If folks want to do serious stuff like butts and briskets, it will mean starting the cook on Saturday evening and staying up all night tending the fire, and perhaps drinking a few beers. I'm coming from Concord, MA which is a pretty good drive. I won't bring the pit unless some serious interest is expressed.

Jim

It's for those who want to be more generous.

It's also the simplest way to make a one-time donation to eGullet. You can upgrade membership and cancel after the first year's donation has been made, but I felt more comfortable doing it this way. I would have done it even if I couldn't attend the potluck.

Jim

Rachel, I was curious for those who want to help-out volunteer what is the earliest that people will be there. I was also curious checking the previous threads the entire event cleanup etc... seems to be over by 7:00pm. (need hours to arrange transport). I planned on bringing some duck confit, lardo, maybe some niman sec, i was curious if you will have equipment there to slice a full Jambon de Bayonne or should i bring my home deli slicer.

edit: I would like to help out considering i have been lurking since '01, and just joined ystrd. :blush:

Edited by M.X.Hassett (log)

Folks, we have decided to postpone this event. We will consider rescheduling it in the Spring of 2006. I know that several NJ, Philadelphia and NY eGullet Society members are heading to Varmint's Pig Pickin, myself included, so I hope to meet some of y'all there.

To answer one question in advance, yes, if you have already paid, we will issue refunds upon request (of course, you always have the option of making it a contribution to the eGullet Society!).

Folks, we have decided to postpone this event. We will consider rescheduling it in the Spring of 2006. I know that several NJ, Philadelphia and NY eGullet Society members are heading to Varmint's Pig Pickin, myself included, so I hope to meet some of y'all there.

To answer one question in advance, yes, if you have already paid, we will issue refunds upon request (of course, you always have the option of making it a contribution to the eGullet Society!).

Hope to see all of you in the Spring. (A better time for me, right now)