• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Nothing to write home about.

Andre

I guess these wines will not make it to the "wow" threads:

Hermitage La Sizeranne, M. Chapoutier 1996

This is perhaps my tenth time I taste the wine with little chance of finding any possibility for development.

A rather boring and one dimensional faily concentrated Hermirage with little character.

Hermitage La Chapelle Paul Jaboulet Aine’ 1990.

PJA is quite famous for his La Chapelle, yet getting down to the bottom of this wine was too easy. The wine failed to gain complexity and develop flavors after opening.

Maybe too tired but I doubt the wine from the first place.

Hermitage La Chapelle, Paul Jaboulet Aine’ 1994

Consistant disappointments from this overindulged wine did not stop me from giving it yet another try.

Lighter red with some depth moving towards a brick color at the rim.

Toasted hazelnuts with some raspberries and blueberiies blends in with plum confiture.

Soft on the entry with some dried peaches mixed with some raspberry syrup and and a dominant spicy finish.

This wine lacks the layers and complexity one would expect from the “La Chapelle” reputation.

A medium bodied fairly made wine to be consumed 2005-2006.

Chateau Belgrave Grand Cru Classe’Hautb Medoc 1990.

Should 1990 be a great Bordeaux year – this wine will be the one to ruin its reputation. Dry earthy with aged oak fairly blended in but without a sign for layers or development in the glass.

Perhaps should have been enjoyed earlier.

Hermitage Blanc Chevalier de Stיrimberg Paul Jaboulet Aine’1996

Fresh mediterranean fish and this wine follows a 1991 Chardonnay Beringer and a 1993 Hermitage Blanc by Chave.

Fruity fat with some concentration but lacks balance, finess and harmony. Almost a modern style Hermitage blanc that failed to deliver the source of its grapes.

Drink now – 2007.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.