• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Feasting on Asphalt

bleachboy

we were going to check out el pollo inka, but I am saving it for my show!

Good strategy - gotta keep a few cards close to the [kevlar] vest :wink:

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

• 7 months later...

I just bumped into Alton and his fellow bikers trailed by a film crew. They were eating at a fancy new gelato place in New Orleans. As I wandered off, Alton was programing his GPS for an alligator farm.

I'm guessing there is a new season of Feasting on Asphalt on the way.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

I'm going to arrive in Baton Rouge on Sunday, I suppose that they will be farther north by then.

Darn! A near miss.

Wow, I thought they would be gone from New Orleans already...yea they hit the road on Monday...going up the Mississippi...

Edited by PamelaF (log)
Pamela Fanstill aka "PamelaF"

Wow, I thought they would be gone from New Orleans already...yea they hit the road on Monday...going up the Mississippi...

People have a habit of lingering too long in New Orleans. Perhaps even Mr. Brown is not immune to the city's charms.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

He is heading up river....

Think he'll make it as far North as Itasca State Park, where you can "Walk across the mighty Mississippi as it starts its winding journey 2,552 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. "

SB (been there - a couple hours drive from here, and done that - when I was about 10 years old :smile: )

He is heading up river....

Think he'll make it as far North as Itasca State Park, where you can "Walk across the mighty Mississippi as it starts its winding journey 2,552 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. "

SB (been there - a couple hours drive from here, and done that - when I was about 10 years old :smile: )

Been there, done that too (with ex-husband--too bad the water wasn't deeper).

I was hoping he would veer off and head up the Ohio...wishful thinking I suppose...

I look occasionally at Alton's website. Anyone know that Good Eats won a Peabody? Second there are apparently going to be more episodes of Feasting on Asphalt coming in August. Something to look forward to! :smile: