• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mildred Pierce

sgfrank

That's right, the article in the Globe in April said that Segar left Mildred Pierce in March "to pursue an ownership opportunity on the West Coast". Since then it has been all quiet on the Western front.

That's right, the article in the Globe in April said that Segar left Mildred Pierce in March "to pursue an ownership opportunity on the West Coast".  Since then it has been all quiet on the Western front.

With this money I can get away from you. From you and your chickens and your pies and your kitchens and everything that smells of grease. I can get away from this shack with its cheap furniture. And this town and its dollar days, and its women that wear uniforms and its men that wear overalls!

Visit beautiful Rancho Gordo!

Twitter @RanchoGordo

"How do you say 'Yum-o' in Swedish? Or is it Swiss? What do they speak in Switzerland?"- Rachel Ray

Wait, I'm not quite done:

You think just because you made a little money you can get a new hairdo and some expensive clothes and turn yourself into a lady. But you can't, because you'll never be anything but a common frump whose father lived over a grocery store and whose mother took in washing!

Ok. Now I'm finished.

Visit beautiful Rancho Gordo!

Twitter @RanchoGordo

"How do you say 'Yum-o' in Swedish? Or is it Swiss? What do they speak in Switzerland?"- Rachel Ray

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Segar is the Sous Chef at the Hart House in Burnaby BC - www.chefdb.com/  now has this included.  See the Hart House Web site:  http://www.harthouserestaurant.com/dinner.html

That link did not work today, but I hear that Segar has his own spot, 'Suvai' on 41st Street.

I would really like to know what made his cassoulet the best in a Toronto cook off, in 2004.

• 4 weeks later...

I find that the best things about Mildred Pearce are the service (impeccable every time I've been there), and the Sunday brunch (every person I've taken there has been totally impressed).

I just checked out their site and read the news that after 17 years, they are actually closing their West End digs in July, and re-opening in a new location in October of '07. For updates on the opening, they invite you to join their mailing list.

http://www.mildredpierce.com/

I'm looking forward to seeing what they cook up. And where exactly they'll end up...