• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recs for Pt. Pleasant area

tommy

Heard good things about the steaks from half a dozen  friends who have houses down there...most of the women, who ordered fish, were not impressed..but the men, who stuck with steak, were.  It was weird, we met for cocktails last nite and they had all tried it last week, three couples, three seperate visits.  There is something incongruous (sp?) to me about steak at the beach.  Our house is in Avalon, nnear Stone harbor, and we go to the  Sea Grill  a few times a season and order steak..and it ALWAYS seems weird to me.  :wacko:

Kim,

I agree about the steak thing while at the beach. I really don't order it much when I'm away from the shore, but definitely not at the beach. That being said, his fish selection didn't blow me away.

By the way, I also passed his placed on Arnold Ave on Friday evening and noticed that it was dark. I'm not sure if it's closed or if he just has not opened yet for the season. I've tried it twice and wasn't impressed either time. I guess you can say that I'm not a big Foy fan. That's ok I guess because other people seem to be, so he won't be losing any sleep over my opinion.

foy's "regular" restaurant i have been told is closed and he is going to focus on the steak house only...brandl is one of my favs and has also introdueced a comedy night i am going to try out the end of june...also restauarant .co has a disc coupon.

red bank had a v v good thai restaurant siam garden and my sis jsut called and recommeded bamboo leaf in bradley beach (i have not been)

• 1 month later...
any more thoughts on Point Pleasant?  looks like i'll probably be stuck at the Tiki bar.  is the food even edible there? i'm alway leary of their raw seafood.

Try Red's in Point Pleasant or Heatwave/Main St. in Bayhead. Both have good food. Red's has a raw bar outside.

any more thoughts on Point Pleasant?  looks like i'll probably be stuck at the Tiki bar.  is the food even edible there? i'm alway leary of their raw seafood.

Try Red's in Point Pleasant or Heatwave/Main St. in Bayhead. Both have good food. Red's has a raw bar outside.

i'm coming to grips with the fact that Red's is really the only good place for casual shore dining in PPB. :sad:

Tommy

Rockafellas at 15 Inlet Drive is also a good casual choice. Bar downstairs and with the new no smoking rule it's on my list again.

Have fun and don't forget your sunscreen! :raz:

P.S. If you're on the boardwalk and you see a Howard Stern lookalike working at the games, tell him his mom said to stand up straight and push the hair out of his eyes.

Tommy

Rockafellas at 15 Inlet Drive is also a good casual choice.  Bar downstairs and with the new no smoking rule it's on my list again.

Have fun and don't forget your sunscreen!  :raz:

P.S.  If you're on the boardwalk and you see a Howard Stern lookalike working at the games, tell him his mom said to stand up straight and push the hair out of his eyes.

i'm considering rockafellas actually. looks like it might be a decent place for a drink, and off the boardwalk at that. which games? i worked the kiddie rides. they're not even there any longer.

I'd suggest the raw bar if you are eating at the Tiki bar...they do a lot of turnover there..nothing fancy..littlenecks, maybe cherrystones, usually an East coast oyster of undesignated origin...but I think you'll get better food than if you order a cheesesteak or burger. Just start with three oyster shooters, and you'll be prepared for whatever hits your stomach next. :shock:

Over the winter, I got a decent "wrap style" sandwich at the Broadway, but its pretty dark in there