• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

End of a Cincinnati Era - Maisonette closes

MichaelB

Does anyone know the details of the Maisonette's property auction. Is it public? If so, I am going to send my mother to attend (I live in DC; she loved the place).

Mr. Comisar has always been generous to us when we dine. I hope he has another opportunity to serve food to the Cincy community. Though the move to Kenwood to an outsider seems like it would have been a strange one anyway.

Thanks!

Chris

Edited by C_Ruark (log)
"There's something very Khmer Rouge about Alice Waters that has become unrealistic." - Bourdain; interviewed on dcist.com

Does anyone know the details of the Maisonette's property auction. Is it public? If so, I am going to send my mother to attend (I live in DC; she loved the place).

Mr. Comisar has always been generous to us when we dine. I hope he has another opportunity to serve food to the Cincy community. Though the move to Kenwood to an outsider seems like it would have been a strange one anyway.

Thanks!

Chris

Funny you should ask. From today's paper:

Auction Story

The auction is also going to be webcast. You can bid from your desk or easy chair in DC.

Auction Site

I have no prediction for the next step in Nat Comisar's career. A former managing partner of the Maisonette, Michael E. Comisar, is the general manager of a local private business club, the Metropolitan Club.

Thanks!

Chris

Funny you should ask. From today's paper:

Auction Story

The auction is also going to be webcast. You can bid from your desk or easy chair in DC.

Auction Site

I have no prediction for the next step in Nat Comisar's career. A former managing partner of the Maisonette, Michael E. Comisar, is the general manager of a local private business club, the Metropolitan Club.

Michael,

Many, many thanks for the links and information.

Chris

"There's something very Khmer Rouge about Alice Waters that has become unrealistic." - Bourdain; interviewed on dcist.com

In addition to the auction of property, the Maisonette will also be auctioning off the conents of its wine cellar. Article here.

Edited to add: Here's a link to a .pdf file of the auction brochure. Many individual art and equipment items are listed. Contents of the wine collection are not.

Click

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero

Article in today's Enquirer about a public viewing for the upcoming auction: clickety.

The tables are set, the soft lights glow and the kitchen is immaculate. But don't expect to order the lobster bisque. The Maisonette will be open to the public one last time today - for a preview of the two-day auction of its contents.