• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Hero Ain't Nothin' but a Starwich

This makes for great reading, to be sure, but to receive the full impact of this article, tune in to brand new eGullet Radio .

It will not only serve (good word to use here!) to increase your appetite for what goes into marketing and starting up this unique enterprise ... for the visual types out there, the article is excellent ... for you who are more tuned in to audio? This is the very coolest of experiences! Me? I need stimulation on every level and eGullet Radio brings that to me. A definite addition to this already unique website!

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

• 1 year later...

Way late update:

I now have about 24 hours to find where I buried those free Starwich coupons the owner sent me via Fat Guy.

I will be in New York tomorrow evening to audition for the "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" contestant pool. (Yes, this is my first non-group visit to NYC since this thread went up.)

It's my aim to try this place out either before or after the audition test, depending on how far ahead of 5:30 pm I arrive in NYC.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

• 1 year later...

Well, as I said originally:

By the time you read this book, there may be a Starwich sandwich shop on every major street corner and mall food court in America, right across from the Starbucks. . . . Or, Starwich may fail. Most new restaurants do.

Then again some companies emerge from Chapter 11 and go on to succeed. We shall see.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)