• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Parkside or L'Emotion?

Ling

I'm having dinner with some friends at the end of the month, and I've narrowed down my restaurant choice to either Parkside or L'Emotion. I'm also open to other restaurant suggestions in that price range ($45 a person). Some of my friends ate at Cru just recently, so they will probably want to try another spot.

The last time I ate at Parkside was a few years ago, and I remember the food to be really good. I know many Egulleters also like this place, but can anyone chime in on a recent experience at L'Emotion?

http://www.lemotion.com/menu.html

http://www.parksiderestaurant.ca/Dinner.php

I had a very good meal at L'Emotion when it was La Toque Blanche, but haven't been since then...one thing that may help you decide is that Parkside has a lovely patio, and AFAIK, L'Emotion doesn't.

I think everyone here knows that Parkside is among my very favourite restaurants, though :blush:

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

Im planning on going to Parkside soon also....I've never been, but the menu looks great. Sorry to hijack this thread, but can anyone recommend a good limo company? It's a special occasion and I would like to hire a limo to take us to and from dinner. Thanks!

Parkside would be my choice. Food is much more complex in flavour and service is top notch. Finish your evening off wioth some amazing grappa's or eau d'vie.

Cheers,

Stephen

Edited by SBonner (log)

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

I have been to L'Emotion, and liked it, but have heard that the couple who opened the place have already moved on- is this true?

Not knowing who is in charge now, I would go with the known quantity.

I have never eaten a bad Andrey meal. Ever.

Edited to clarify... never eaten a meal that didn't inspire subsequent daydreams/reverie about said meal.

Edited by annanstee (log)

The sea was angry that day my friends... like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

George Costanza

another vote for parkside here. it's one of my top 3 restaurants, although i haven't been to l'emotion yet. parkside has wonderful service, the food's always amazing, not to mention the great wine and eau de vie list! chris and crew have always been gracious hosts. also, depending on how many people you have in your party, they have a great round booth in the front, or a private one in the back too! hmmm, i think it's time to visit that great patio again!! :wub:

Quentina

Parkside, it is the right price for a great meal, excellent service, good atmosphere etc. Not to mention the wine list, eau de vie selection as well as the good coffee etc. It is a great place inside or out. Enjoy!

And yet another vote for Parkside...last time there the food was amazing and our waiter a true delight. He had a wonderfully wry sense of humour and really added to the experience. It's hard to get through all the courses, though; Snacky-cat (who, incidentially, was the tiniest of the group) was the only member of the party who made it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jean-Yves and Minna, the owners of L'emotion, sold about a year ago to a chef called Walter. I have not heard any reports one way or the other since then. Jean-Yves and Minna were sowewhere this past year, I think she had a baby, but have now purchased Portabello restaurant beside Feenie's and Lumiere. I understand the concept will be similar to La Regalade in West Vancouver. Always a great idea to open a restaurant near other busy restaurants and it will be nice to have more and more reasons to be able to dine on the Westside.

They are going to open in September.

, but have now purchased Portabello restaurant beside Feenie's and Lumiere. I understand the concept will be similar to La Regalade in West Vancouver. Always a great idea to open a restaurant near other busy restaurants and it will be nice to have more and more reasons to be able to dine on the Westside.

They are going to open in September.

To be called Mistral with a south of France bistro theme, I am told.

Cheers,

Anne