• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trends

Wilfrid - Sorry. It is pork belly, which is the cut they use to make bacon I am told. But it is not smoked or cured in any way, it is just braised. Gramercy serves a small sqaure of it, with the fatty part crispy like a suckling pig would be. The rest is fork tender.

Good.  Your post put in my mind of the Gramercy Tavern dish, which I have eaten with enormous pleasure;  I was just checking we were on the same page.  I know this will impress you less than somewhat, but this food stuff has been trendy in London too for a couple of years.  They do a decent version at the otherwise noisy and unappealing Smith's.  I believe it's been onbthe menu at The Ivy too.