• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brunoise

Lawchik

Hi there!

I can't begin to tell you how awesome this site has been for my planning. I stumbled upon this site while researching for places to eat at in Montreal last December. Damn cold, but it was like having the entire city to yourself. Now we are planning a trip to Montreal and Quebec City in Aug with our 11 year old daughter.

I really loved Brunoise! I would like my daughter to have that experience and was wondering if there was some kind of menu deviation for children?

Thanks!

Welcome to eGullet, Lawchik!

What do you mean by "menu deviation"? Are you asking if there is a child's menu or reduced prices or something else? If a children's menu, would that be a positive?

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Nothing is wrong with the menu at all. Although my kid enjoys foods that most her age shun, I am a little worried that she may not like anything on the menu. Brunoise fair certainly isn't on my home menu! :-) I took up the suggestion of emailing, and received a really helpful reply. I was hoping someone had brought their kids there and could share the experience.

Have a good one!

Nothing is wrong with the menu at all.  Although my kid enjoys foods that most her age shun, I am a little worried that she may not like anything on the menu.  Brunoise fair certainly isn't on my home menu! :-) I took up the suggestion of emailing, and received a really helpful reply.  I was hoping someone had brought their kids there and could share the experience. 

Have a good one!

What did they say? :smile:

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

.....they said that they would try to be as accomadating as possible and ingredients can be omitted from any of the dishes. Gnocchi is always availble too. I think that is great suggestion!

I brought my two year old daughter there about six weeks ago. The service and kitchen staff were great. They asked me what she would like and then made her a special, beautiful plate of tomatoes and cheese, all cut into toddler-size pieces! It was a very positive experience. I know your child is eleven, not two, but I think my experience illustrates their attitude towards children.

A.R.Shandling

Hi there!

I can't begin to tell you how awesome this site has been for my planning.  I stumbled upon this site while researching for places to eat at in Montreal last December.  Damn cold, but it was like having the entire city to yourself.  Now we are planning a trip to Montreal and Quebec City in Aug with our 11 year old daughter.

I really loved Brunoise!  I would like my daughter to have that experience and was wondering if there was some kind of menu deviation for children?

Thanks!

I am certain that you will have a great experience with your daughter. The service is excellent and you and your daughter will not be disappointed in the food. They are always charming and accomodating. Just let them know in advance and I am sure they can come up with something from what they have that will be gobbled up by your daughter-she will especially like the bread and desserts!

Have a great evening

Alida

Last summer we brought our then one and a half year old with us to Brunoise for an early (5pm) dinner and although they asked us what he might like to eat, he ended up sleeping in his stroller throughout the whole meal. One of the owners, I think his name was Zack, has young children of his own and was very nice to offer us a table with room out of the way to place the stroller, and brought out a booster seat if we needed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

What a great trip! Amazing food in both Montreal and Quebec City. Brunoise was wonderful with my daughter. She did not care for an appetizer and had a generous plate of gnocchis. Dessert was a hit, no doubt about that. Our server was wonderful as well.