• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lincroft Inn lost their chef

jeffreys1

Perhaps this is good news for the Stagehouse; my experience there last fall was very disappointing.

Edit: Does anyone know how long he was at the Lincroft Inn? Just curious.

Edited by Curlz (log)

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Edit: Does anyone know how long he was at the Lincroft Inn?  Just curious.

About 3 years.

I'm bummed about Eric Hambrecht's departure because The Lincroft Inn is about 10 minutes from our house, and we had several excellent meals while he was there.

The Lincroft Inn is family-owned, so his position was just Executive Chef. Obviously, becoming a partner at The Stagehouse made that situation much more attractive for him. We've never been to The Stagehouse, so this will definitely be an incentive for us to go there.