• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Les Crayeres, 2005-, the Didier Elena era

PaulaJK

Wow! I'm so bummed, we'll be staying in Epernay between Xmas and New Year's, and Les Crayeres is closed then!

Thanks, John T., for the other restaurant recommends in that article. Hopefully, they'll be open that week.

Tatre and others coming during the holidays; I hope this is not gratuitous advice, but don't just go on what the food guides print as closing dates, do call and be sure to ask if they will be serving their regular carte. Often places run by a couple with young children will take off the same days their kids are out of school and often places serve stripped-down or conversely priced-up meals the eve of or day of Christmas and/or New Year's. Logically, new restos (eg Cou de la Girafe) want to keep their momentum and are open except for say Christmas Day.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking to return at Les Crayeres, by end of February.

It passed five years, since my last visit . I will be there for 2 nights.

Anyone have been there with new chef D. Elena ?

Edited by PauloR (log)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Had a very interesting lunch here. Interesting in a few ways: Some of the dishes were fabolous, others less so, the whole place, with it's vibe was quite special and the lovely service really makes you enjoy your time there.

However, 2 out of 6 dishes did disappoint me, not because of technical problems, but because the way they were constructed lacked refinement.

Would be interesting if anyone has been recently?

for pics and the full story, check My Webpagehere