• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

who has micri and where did you get it?

xdrixn

• 4 weeks later...

You might want to check with David Bouley/Bouley/Danube. Bouley was in a demo with Miguel Sanchez Romera sometime last year at FCI. Bouley seemed to be pretty involved with the distribution or marketing of micri somehow in the US, iirc.

#1456/5000

i dont understand all the fuss about that micri stuff i will give your sauces the same slimy glibbery shine as all the starches do, only acceptable in chinese cuisine ;-)

if you want a sauce go and make a roux !

if you want a coulis, use fresh fruit and a blender !

t.

Edited by schneich (log)

toertchen toertchen

patissier chocolatier cafe

cologne, germany

Doesn't Albert Uster have a product like this? When I was still attending L'Academie, we went next door for a demo with Susan Notter and she used some gelatinous goop in her ganache (and some other things) to make them shiny. I think it may also have prevented cracking.

Doesn't Albert Uster have a product like this?  When I was still attending L'Academie, we went next door for a demo with Susan Notter and she used some gelatinous goop in her ganache (and some other things) to make them shiny.  I think it may also have prevented cracking.

Glucose will do that too.

My understanding of micri is that its best use is as an all-purpose emulsifier.