• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jamies in Clifton

Susan

Yes - we were there recently and had a nice meal. Nothing revolutionary, but good fresh food, large portions, flavorful. An older crowd. I'd say it depends on what you're looking to do and with whom. If you're looking for a quiet restaurant to go to with family members, say, or for a business dinner, Jamie's would be just fine. But if you're looking for a happening scene, cutting edge presentations, etc. i think you'd be disappointed.

Can either of you tell us about the type of restaurant, location, etc.? Thanks!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Thanks mucho, Nizza! :smile:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

just looking at the menu.....

Bone-in Filet Mignon topped with melted blue cheese and Barolo wine

how do ya get a bone into a filet mignon?

tracey

My husband just asked and why would you put one in?

Edited by rooftop1000 (log)

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

just looking at the menu.....

Bone-in Filet Mignon topped with melted blue cheese and Barolo wine

how do ya get a bone into a filet mignon?

tracey

My husband just asked and why would you put one in?

:laugh: my first thoughts exactly.

but if they're for real, i guess they're taking a porterhouse, cutting off the strip, and trimming the bone next to the filet. i've never had a filet on a bone without the strip, though. and if they're aging this filet, even better i suppose.

they can keep their blue cheese, however. not on my steak thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I went there with some friends about 3 months ago. dennis, the chef owner, came from Borellis on Rt 3 E in Secaucus. He does a mean app. of jumbo shrimp wrapped in proscuito, broiled & served on a bed of broccoli rape on top of a garlic bread crouton. The some little necks broiled & topped with lump crabmeat.

The bonus for all you cigar afficionados is that you can smoke at the bar and at the tables in the front room.

Zeman

• 1 year later...
I went there with some friends about 3 months ago. dennis, the chef owner, came from Borellis on Rt 3 E in Secaucus. He does a mean app. of jumbo shrimp wrapped in proscuito, broiled & served on a bed of broccoli rape on top of a garlic bread crouton. The some little necks broiled & topped with lump crabmeat.

The bonus for all you cigar afficionados is that you can smoke at the bar and at the tables in the front room.

You know it's funny that you mentioned the cigars. I was there for dinner for the first time last night and on the way out there were quite a few people at the bar smoking and many of them smoking cigars. I was wondering how they could do that since the no smoking ban went into affect. Is this considered a cigar bar even though it is a restaurant?

Susan