• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marlene

Camping, Princess Style

4 hours ago, snowangel said:

What kind of camper do you have?  Fifth wheel? Trailer?  We are starting to think about one.  We think stealth camper van, but geez, a buddy for the occasional mid-night pee sure is a nice luxury.

We have a fifth-wheel trailer. It's pretty big: what they call a toy hauler, because the back room (our dining room when it's set up) is a garage for toys like a 4-wheeler, bikes, and so on when we're traveling. When we're set up it's generally a dining room, although it can theoretically be a guest bunkroom. The bathroom is mandatory! 

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

19 hours ago, Smithy said:

We have a fifth-wheel trailer. It's pretty big: what they call a toy hauler, because the back room (our dining room when it's set up) is a garage for toys like a 4-wheeler, bikes, and so on when we're traveling. When we're set up it's generally a dining room, although it can theoretically be a guest bunkroom. The bathroom is mandatory! 

This is what the "dining room" looks like when it's mostly set up. I snapped this after we had started the teardown from this weekend's camping trip, so some things had already been cleared from the table. Shortly after I took the picture the table had been entirely cleared and folded flat, and set atop the (also folded flat) bench seats. The seats are now near the ceiling, and the room is now the garage: filled with mobile toys and an unholy amount of produce (processed and still-to-be-processed) from the farmers' market. My stepdaughter is as avid a food shopper and cook as I, and when we get together our bank accounts take a serious hit. We have fun, though, and the families eat well.

20190903_095845.jpg

• Like 7

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

That looks pretty posh.    At first glance, it looked like a NYC night spot.     Central Park as a backdrop.    Nice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

eGullet member #80.