• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Camping, Princess Style

Marlene

2 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

I'll add my thanks to everyone else's!  I enjoy this so much every year and dream of doing the same.  I know most folks like to follow the sun, but I wonder if it would be possible to follow the Autumn?  😁

The problem I have with that is that I want to delay leaving until the last possible moment...you know, after the leaves fall off the trees here, after I've finished personal business, after Election Day...and by then the Autumn has already progressed far to the South. My parents did it one year, but weren't bloggers. Maybe you should take the challenge and do it?! 😁

3 hours ago, Katie Meadow said:

Bedouin tuna noodle casserole uses camel milk. Where did you get the camel? Also my recipe, inherited from my twelfth great grandmother calls for a cup of sand. Did some pink Arizona sand come along for the ride home?

3 hours ago, Smithy said:

Actually, he could never get his Bedouin guides to eat the stuff although they'd eat any two of the components together. Here's one discussion about it. But I like your assumptions! 😄

Here's what we had tonight. I've never tried using the corkscrews or elbows for this dish, but it's what we had. They worked out well. He says the elbows were the only thing they ever used in the Egyptian desert, so I guess we're getting closer to (his) tradition.

20220502_220531.jpg

I had a protracted telephone call with a long-lost friend who called while the pasta was cooking. I thought the pasta would end up overcooked. If it did, we couldn't tell it tonight. At any rate, we won't care whether the leftover pasta was overcooked!

• Like 6

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

3 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

I'll add my thanks to everyone else's!  I enjoy this so much every year and dream of doing the same.  I know most folks like to follow the sun, but I wonder if it would be possible to follow the Autumn?  😁

Where do I sign up?

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

1 minute ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Where do I sign up?

North to south leaf-peeper tours have undoubtedly been mapped. Start in Maine and work your way down into the Carolinas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

North to south leaf-peeper tours have undoubtedly been mapped. Start in Maine and work your way down into the Carolinas. 

I pictured Patagonia.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

As always,  thank you for sharing your travels and your food adventures. 

When you were near my Sweetie and I, I was sad that the flurry of pre-surgery appointments for my Sweetie's back surgery made trying to see you undoable. Surgery went well, 7 1/2 hours worth, and she's home. Rehab/healing will be on the order of months. 

Again, thank you.  I look forward to this every year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;