• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Capitalization

2 hours ago, heidih said:

Ha! reminds me of the drink vending machines in hospitals and one we had in high school cafeteria (whyich consisted if a row of beeezare vending machines.  Coffee, hot cocoa, and bouillon. So often the cup would improperly drop and the liquid woud land off-sides,  You'd rush to straighten the cup which was not large and get maybe some of it plus a scalded hand.

I've seen vending machines like that, and fortunately managed to escape the burn. Your post reminds me of machines that I used to see somewhere I frequented that had playing card images on their designs. 4 cards were visible around the side; the 5th card was on the bottom. You could play poker with your mates while you drank the coffee! (Now I've forgotten how we'd keep our opponents from seeing the bottom card.)

2 hours ago, heidih said:

Nice compliment as it truly rings sincere.  Another one you wolt be able to duplicate ?  ;)

Ha! I think I'll be able to do it again, given the basis I began with. But then, I've said that before, haven't I? 😆

Smithy

Smithy

5 minutes ago, heidih said:

Ha! reminds me of the drink vending machines in hospitals and one we had in high school cafeteria (whyich consisted if a row of beeezare vending machines.  Coffee, hot cocoa, and bouillon. So often the cup would improperly drop and the liquid woud land off-sides,  You'd rush to straighten the cup which was not large and get maybe some of it plus a scalded hand.

I've seen vending machines like that, and fortunately managed to escape the burn. Your post reminds me of machines that I used to see somewhere I frequented that had playing card images on their designs. 4 cards were visible around the side; the 5th card was on the bottom. You could play poker with your mates while you drank the coffee! (Now I've forgotten how we'd keep our opponents from seeing the bottom card.)

1 minute ago, heidih said:

Nice compliment as it truly rings sincere.  Another one you wolt be able to duplicate ?  ;)

Ha! I think I'll be able to do it again, given the basis I began with. But then, i've said that before, haven't I? 😆