• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Dropped unneeded 'too'

4 hours ago, robirdstx said:

The announcement I heard was incomplete. The parks are only opening for day use, with reservations, masks and social distancing required.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/

Thanks for that (disappointing) news. We had only heard / read the incomplete statement. We were considering staying at one of those parks, at least for a night, on our way through Texas. If the distancing during registration can be accomplished - for instance, by doing everything online - then camping seems to us to be pretty safe. Everyone's feeling their way along on this, though. I don't envy the Parks and Recreation Departments, trying to work out what's right and safe.

Last night I managed to finish the phyllo dough, pancetta from home, a jar of Trader Joe's sundried tomatoes, and a jar of TJ's grilled artichoke hearts that have all been taking up freezer and fridge space. Shredded parmesan cheese and half an onion went into this too.

20200418_074430.jpg

The flavors were good. The crust was crisp, although slightly overdone in the middle because I had the rack too low. My darling said it was good, but admitted that a voice in the back of his mind kept shrieking "whERRE'S THE BEEF!?" I guess there wasn't enough pancetta for him to notice it. :D 

Smithy

Smithy

3 hours ago, robirdstx said:

The announcement I heard was incomplete. The parks are only opening for day use, with reservations, masks and social distancing required.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/

Thanks for that (disappointing) news. We too had only heard / read the incomplete statement. We were considering staying at one of those parks, at least for a night, on our way through Texas. If the distancing during registration can be accomplished - for instance, by doing everything online - then camping seems to us to be pretty safe. Everyone's feeling their way along on this, though. I don't envy the Parks and Recreation Departments, trying to work out what's right and safe.

Last night I managed to finish the phyllo dough, pancetta from home, a jar of Trader Joe's sundried tomatoes, and a jar of TJ's grilled artichoke hearts that have all been taking up freezer and fridge space. Shredded parmesan cheese and half an onion went into this too.

20200418_074430.jpg

The flavors were good. The crust was crisp, although slightly overdone in the middle because I had the rack too low. My darling said it was good, but admitted that a voice in the back of his mind kept shrieking "whERRE'S THE BEEF!?" I guess there wasn't enough pancetta for him to notice it. :D