• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Corrected "with" to "without" (regarding pliers)

We've moved. We're just outside Tucson, an hour closer to home, and plan to stay here 10 days. I just received an email that all Texas State Parks are closed; New Mexico closed its parks some time ago. We still may have an option for a city campground farther east, but we'll have to see about that next week. 

We've been in this area before, but it's still breathtaking to see how different the vegetation is from where we've been staying. You don't dare go walking without needlenose pliers here. This place positively bristles!

20200407_072755.jpg

Last night, to my darling's delight, I actually took a package out of a cooler and do not plan to replace it. (No doubt I'll find something else to put there.) Same for the freezer, and for the spice cabinet! A culinary hat trick!

20200407_072417.jpg

It's a good thing this package had 15 shells. I burned the first 6 in the oven, blindly following instructions without monitoring progress. The next 6 went into the microwave instead, and that worked out well.

20200406_202727.jpg

These were decidedly moreish! 

20200407_072532.jpg

I only dished up two apiece to start with, but we each went for a third.

Smithy

Smithy

We've moved. We're just outside Tucson, an hour closer to home, and plan to stay here 10 days. I just received an email that all Texas State Parks are closed; New Mexico closed its parks some time ago. We still may have an option for a city campground farther east, but we'll have to see about that next week. 

We've been in this area before, but it's still breathtaking to see how different the vegetation is from where we've been staying. You don't dare go walking with needlenose pliers here. This place positively bristles!

20200407_072755.jpg

Last night, to my darling's delight, I actually took a package out of a cooler and do not plan to replace it. (No doubt I'll find something else to put there.) Same for the freezer, and for the spice cabinet! A culinary hat trick!

20200407_072417.jpg

It's a good thing this package had 15 shells. I burned the first 6 in the oven, blindly following instructions without monitoring progress. The next 6 went into the microwave instead, and that worked out well.

20200406_202727.jpg

These were decidedly moreish! 

20200407_072532.jpg

I only dished up two apiece to start with, but we each went for a third.