• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

46 minutes ago, Smithy said:

. Sweet potatoes aren't our bag, although they can be nice if simply roasted, perhaps served with butter -

I love sweet potatoes (yams) but not the sweet, marshmallowy kind.

Cooks Country provided me with a super simple way to achieve wonderful mashed  Sweet Potatoes.

Just simmer the sliced up yams in a saucepan with butter and a small amount of cream until soft.  Mash and add a pinch of salt....just perfect.  A sum much greater that those parts.

lindag

lindag

38 minutes ago, Smithy said:

. Sweet potatoes aren't our bag, although they can be nice if simply roasted, perhaps served with butter -

I love sweet potatoes (yams) but not the sweet, marshmallows kind.

Cooks Country provided me with a super simple way to achieve wonderful !ashed Sweet Potatoes.

Just simmer the sliced up yams in a saucepan with butter and a small amount of cream until soft.  Mash and add a pinch of salt....just perfect.