• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Rearranged the story. Maybe made it better.

10 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Early to bed

Early to rise?

Now I want BBQ.

And beer.

You got the riddle!

Another that I remember showed a bottle popping the top, an eye, a sailboat, an oar, and something that was apparently intended to be a man. I couldn't make out the man, but by that time it was obvious: "Popeye the Sailor Man". 

Smithy

Smithy

Rearranged the story. Maybe made it better.

8 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Early to bed

Early to rise?

Now I want BBQ.

And beer.

You got the riddle! Another that I remember showed a bottle popping the top, an eye, a sailboat, an oar, and something that was apparently intended to be a man. I couldn't make out the man, but by that time it was obvious: "Popeye the Sailor Man". 

Smithy

Smithy

Just now, Shelby said:

Early to bed

Early to rise?

Now I want BBQ.

And beer.

You got the riddle! Another that I remember turned out to be "Popeye the Sailor Man". It showed a bottle popping the top, an eye, a sailboat, an oar, and something that was apparently intended to be a man. I couldn't make out the man, but by that time it was obvious.