• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Spelling

I just mixed some cornbread salad, mostly using Jaymes' recipe above with a couple of tweaks.  (No green bell peppers.  A few chunks of diced jalapeño added.) Even freshly mixed, without sitting overnight in the fridge, it's good.  I put a photo of the just-mixed salad here.

Glory be, we're getting a few drops of rain!  It may only amount to what a West Texan described as "2-inch rain" - that is, 2 inches between drops - but the air smells sweet.

Smithy

Smithy

I just mixed some cornbread salad, mostly using Jaymes' recipe above with a couple of tweaks.  (No green bell peppers.  A few chunks of diced jalapeñno added.) Even freshly mixed, without sitting overnight in the fridge, it's good.  I put a photo of the just-mixed salad here.

Glory be, we're getting a few drops of rain!  It may only amount to what a West Texan described as "2-inch rain" - that is, 2 inches between drops - but the air smells sweet.