• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

Persimmons, what a pleasant memory you stirred. At Christmas time my mother baked persimmon puddings, lots of them. She would let the persimmons sit on the counter until they were almost ready to spoil they were so ripe. She used them whole, but I don't remember what she did to mash them up. Eating of slice o it was pure bliss ...

Porthos

Porthos

Persimmons, what a pleasant memory you stirred. At Christmas time my mother backed persimmon puddings, lots of them. She would let the persimmons sit on the counter until they were almost ready to spoil they were so ripe. She used them whole, but I don't remember what she did to mash them up. Eating of slice o it was pure bliss ...