• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wedding Cake fillings

jgarner53

sorry not to respond before...the passionfruit mousse is (I think) originally from The Cake Bible...called Fruit Cloud, I believe. Just substitute passionfruit puree for the raspberry.

and let me know if i'm wrong and it is not there...i'll hunt it down.

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

sorry not to respond before...the passionfruit mousse is (I think) originally from The Cake Bible...called Fruit Cloud, I believe.  Just substitute passionfruit puree for the raspberry.

and let me know if i'm wrong and it is not there...i'll hunt it down.

Hi Kit,

Is this the Cake Bible recipe where you essentially fold a fruit curd or puree into an Italian meringue?

Hi Kit,

Is this the Cake Bible recipe where you essentially fold a fruit curd or puree into an Italian meringue?

No, it's simpler. A portion of the fruit puree in which the sugar is dissolved, remaining puree in which the gelatin is bloomed, these combined and then mixed into lightly whipped cream. Voila!

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl