• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anchor Seafood

There is a nice place up here that has pretty fresh seafood and I like going there they clean and de-vein the shrimp in a jiffy too...

It's called:

Anchor Seafood they are on 10 South Kinderkamack Road Montvale, NJ 07645-2113 and this is their Phone # it is (201) 930-9170

They don't have a restaurant or anything but great food and nice bread and nice refrigerated and frozen food and stuff too.

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

They have a branch in Garfield too.

Or is it just a coincidence of names & they are unrelated?

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

The one in Garfield is closed..I was wondering if they moved to a new place. Maybe they did..

Oh. Guess it's been a couple years now since I was up there.

Wonder where Montvale is. Well that's why there's MapQuest.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

Wonder where Montvale is. Well that's why there's MapQuest.

If you're a piney :wink: best way to say this is the "jersey way" ... take exit 172 (last exit in NJ about 1/4 mi past the last rest stop) exit ramp turn right off the ramp and continue on Grand Avenue due east until you see the RR crossing/RR tracks. Turn right at the gas station there and then loop or meander your way across the street and you'll see it to the left of the CVS plaza there it's an inconspicuous little square brick building.

They have fresh lobsters (and sometimes crabs until they run out (quickly!) and great seafood and semolina italian bread (I always grab one of these and stuff butter and garlic inside, wrap in foil and bake for about 20-30 min or so in a 350 oven or until done YUM :biggrin: ) I like their swordfish steaks also I love the biggest shrimp they have on sale there and sometimes I pick up nice stuff behind me in the frozen area such as soup or seafood with pasta or some goodies they may have. I hope this helps you.

OH while you're there and heading back home there's a bagel shop next to a small Citgo? gas station in a plaza sort of catty/corner to that gas station - they have SUPERB bagels :wub: and spreads and coffee and stuff... great to grab for any road trip!

Also on Rt 18 in East Brunswick there's a seafood shack or something like that that is real good too just like the Montvale one - I used to go there ALL the time when I lived in Central NJ - it's on the north? side across from the shoprite plaza (huge plaza but they are about 1/2 block before it right on the highway)

I hope this helped you some.

P.s. sorry about the edits - I'm new to all these forums!

If I could just get the last post to show up first I'd be happy! (LOL)

Edited by Anonymouze (log)

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.