• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pif in Philadelphia

TarteTatin

that's not his email address.  if you PM me i'll give it to you. 

there was a bit of noncommunication when Pif was closing.  you can definitely call ansill for a reservation and you can also get one on OpenTable.

So how was the first Pif night? Sorry I had to miss it.

that's not his email address.  if you PM me i'll give it to you.

Aha, thank you! Well, that's what's on the Ansill website, it should possibly be corrected. PM on the way.

there was a bit of noncommunication when Pif was closing.  you can definitely call ansill for a reservation and you can also get one on OpenTable.

I'll definitely do so then, as soon as I can figure out which side of the atlantic I'll be on. And I'll second the question: how was the first 'Pif night'?

I just spoke with David Ansill and starting Sunday, Oct. 7, every Sunday will be "Pif at Ansill" night. It's 3 courses for $40. BYOB. Each month a different menu will be featured. Call 215.627.2485 for information and reservations. Below is the menu from last week...

Let me know if you want to be on Ansill's mailing list.

Pif at Ansill

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Prix Fixe Dinner $40

Choice of one from each course

Entrees

Escargot “au Pif”

Frisee Lardones

Roasted Mussels with Rosemary

Warm Figs with Goat Cheese

Plate Principaux

Hanger Steak with Mushrooms

Lamb Two Ways

Scallops with Truffle Coulis

Chicken with Mustard

Selection of Cheese or Dessert

LaColombe Coffee

I just spoke with David Ansill and starting Sunday, Oct. 7, every Sunday will be "Pif at Ansill" night. It's 3 courses for $40. BYOB. Each month a different menu will be featured. Call 215.627.2485 for information and reservations. Below is the menu from last week...

Let me know if you want to be on Ansill's mailing list.

Pif at Ansill

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Prix Fixe Dinner $40

Choice of one from each course

Entrees

Escargot “au Pif”

Frisee Lardones

Roasted Mussels with Rosemary

Warm Figs with Goat Cheese

Plate Principaux

Hanger Steak with Mushrooms

Lamb Two Ways

Scallops with Truffle Coulis

Chicken with Mustard

Selection of Cheese or Dessert

LaColombe Coffee

Great! Do you know if this applies to the entire restaurant? I know that originally he was just going to have the Pif night in the back room and when I asked if he would have the wonderful French music he didn't think that was possible. If it's the entire restaurant, that would be a different story. Thanks.

Great! Do you know if this applies to the entire restaurant? I know that originally he was just going to have the Pif night in the back room and when I asked if he would have the wonderful French music he didn't think that was possible. If it's the entire restaurant, that would be a different story. Thanks.

I guess it would depend on how many reservations he gets for "Pif Night".

If it's enough to fill the whole place, then why not!?

Edited by Dish (log)