• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"BACK OF THE HOUSE" project

harlanturk

Actually worked in kitchens (from chef to dishwasher) for the past 7 years, so I've learned the "footwork" which allowed me to stay out of the way (and wrath) of many a chefs / servers.

I only take photographs that the restaurants are comfortable with. Some establishments are more lenient that others, put most trust the imagery I've attempted to illuminate, since I do have a repore with the industry.

Thanks for the look-see on the website.

Please share it with other "foodies" and "food venues" that might want to participate, as I am always looking for more subjects.

Michael Harlan Turkell, PHOTOGRAPHER

"BACK OF THE HOUSE" Project, www.harlanturk.com , PLOG: harlanturk.blogspot.com

• 6 months later...

There are some very fine pictures that Michael took at the Per Se kitchen and elsewhere last fall here

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

There are some very fine pictures that Michael took at the Per Se kitchen and elsewhere last fall here

Then type in "THOMAS KELLER" in the Image Search, or "MASA" which were both photographed for a Michelin Guide story.

There is also a photo-story about a "Chocolate Fashion Show".

• 3 weeks later...

Live radio interview, Saturday, May 13th, at 730PM EST, TOM DOUGLAS' SEATTLE KITCHEN on 710 KIRO, to discuss my BACK OF THE HOUSE project, a photojournalistic documentary on the lives of chefs and kitchens.

Edited by harlanturk (log)

• 2 weeks later...

A REMINDER:

THIS SATURDAY, MAY 13th, 730PM EST.

A radio apperance on TOM DOUGLAS' SEATTLE KITCHEN (KIRO 710) to discuss the BACK OF THE HOUSE project, a photojournalistic documentary about the lives of chefs and kitchens.

• 7 months later...