• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ireland's Best Restaurants

As you say such soundbites are obviously very good for publicity. In reality when I have spoken to RC he has a lot of very positive things to say about many chefs, however I doubt these compliments would grab the headlines.

Did you enjoy it Corrina?

It was 'simple and nice' :biggrin:

There were a few glitches (apparently the service was muppet central in the early weeks, I know people who would not go back), but I think it’s going to be a winner. He’s in a great room, in the right location, and for the main part, the prices are fair, and the food is very good. I’ll post my review after it has run.

Yep, from what I can see, Corrigan is pally with plenty of the chefs around town, the Golden Mile Cartel. And anyway, he’s the Big Cheese, so everyone wants to be his BF. McGrath is an outsider, not just because he is in Ranelagh. I get the sense that he is not popular with the rest of them, too intense and doesn't make an effort to mix with them (just speculation on my part).

• 6 years later...

(pushes open creaking door, peers into the gloom) Hello...?

There's bound to have been a few new spots opened in the last seven years for others. I can do an update on in and around Sligo if there's still anyone about....

• Like 2

I have no immediate (more's the pity) plans to return to Ireland but I'd love to read about what's happening with food around Sligo these days.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

• 1 year later...

Peppers Indian Dining, Waterford City.

Emilianos Ristorante Italiano, Waterford City

Peppers is a fine dining Indian with locally sourced, all fresh food, with fantastic attention to detail, elegant table setting and very relaxed and professional atmosphere, an intimate restaurant with just 12 tables, a 5 star.

Emilianos, a traditional italian restaurant run by an Italian family man, very homely inside and absolutely delicious food, so consistent and always amazing. Full every night.

• 2 months later...

I have discovered in Sligo a restaurant called Miso, they serve awesome Japaneese cuisine, fantastic rolls and excellent sashimi. Now it is in the list of my favourites)))

Edited by Jezzy
misspelling (log)