• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Friday 5/31????

Rosie

Rosie, Sorry to hear that Lowell is ill.  Hope he gets well soon!

We're thinking of going to the Jazz & Blues Festival in Red Bank tomorrow afternoon.  I'm not much of a jazz or blues buff, but my husband likes jazz.  And, according to an information-packed pull-out section in our local rag, there will be artisans' booths and many food vendors.  The weather forecast is great, so what could be bad?

Stop by the 90.5 WBJB radio booth between 2 & 6pm and say hi!  I'll be sporting my eGullet tee shirt...

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Oh, Rosie.Bummer. I hope Lowell gets well soon. Chicken soup can't hurt. And what are we doing this weekend? John and I and Sammy (our 12 yr old standard poodle) are enjoying grilled hamburgers at our vacation house in Port Murray, NJ and the weather is terrific.  (Sammy gets one also). We get marvelous beef at, of all places, our local Shoprite (brand name is Mavarick). TIme to start the grill :)

Bea---NJ

Maverick is a very well respected name in beef. Organic, no hormones, etc. Our local SR carries the brand as well

Maverick's Page

You're also near Well Sweep farm. A wonderful place for herbs, etc.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Re Well Sweep Farm--we go fairly often, and always when they run their special weekends. We also like Donaldson's Farm and Best's for veg. and fruits...Donaldson's own strawberries are wonderful.

R. Paul-where is your local Shoprite? I have been looking in the Summit, NJ area with no luck.    :confused:

Bea---NJ

SR in West Caldwell, usually. West Orange is newer, cleaner, and has a much better selection of produce. Maverick is often, but not always carried in WC. D'Artagnan and Bell/Evans are now the featured specialty meats.

If a Wegman's came to West Caldwell, both Kings and SR would be down the drain hole within days. The site Wegman's was considering has been optioned by Home Depot for a new store, so that out of the pix for now.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo