• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I passed my wine exam!

Sackville

I just got my WSET results and I passed the intermediate exam with merit.

I'm very happy :biggrin: and plan to take the advanced course this autumn.

Drinking a very nice Austrian Gruner Veltlinger to celebrate. :raz:

What are you drinking tonight?

I'll out myself as a hopeless hayseed and rube, but how is the WSET different from WKRP?

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

Congratulations, Sackville! How many years did it take to reach this point? "With merit" - yay, you! :biggrin:

I'm a canning clean freak because there's no sorry large enough to cover the, "Oops! I gave you botulism" regrets.

Ahh, I answered my own question here.

Many congratulations!

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

Congrats! 143.gif

(Sorry! I couldn't find the "wine glasses clinking" smiley)

I hope to follow in your footsteps some time in the near future.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Congratulations, Sackville!  How many years did it take to reach this point?  "With merit" - yay, you!    :biggrin:

It is actually a fairly easy 10-week course. You definitely have to put in about 1-2 hours of studying a week but if you like wine this is not hard at all.

I am just so pleased I passed "with merit". When I came out of the exam I thought I might have failed it or at least cut it very close to the line.

The next stage is harder. I'm not positive on the length of it, but you have written questions and a blind tasting in addition to the multiple choice paper. I will be spending much time here "studying", no doubt. Hope you'll have me ;)

Congrats! 143.gif

(Sorry! I couldn't find the "wine glasses clinking" smiley)

I hope to follow in your footsteps some time in the near future.

Thank you! It is an excellent course, highly recommended. The teachers we had were very approachable and all had a slightly different style of describing and rating wine, which meant it never got boring. Just when you thought you had it figured out someone would come along with a different view on the same type of wine.

Sackville,

Congrats!!

Just an FYI, since you passed with merit, <<Gruner Veltlinger >> is spelled:

"Grüner Veltliner"

All the best on the next step on the path to MW.

Phil

I have never met a miserly wine lover

Sackville,

Congrats!!

Just an FYI, since you passed with merit, <<Gruner Veltlinger >>  is spelled:

"Grüner Veltliner"

All the best on the next step on the path to MW.

Phil

Thanks on both counts. I was aware of the spelling but sometimes dragging out the special keys to type that umlaut is just too much trouble ;)

I suppose I could have gone for the extra 'e' after the u.

Congrats. I passed the intermediate with merit last fall on home study. I'm hoping to take the advanced this fall or (more likely) next spring. It's a wonderful course and I had a great time with it.

Here are the Wine of the Week Tasting Tag Guidelines. (This topic is pinned at the top of the forum.)

Also at the top of the forum is an index of wines selected so far. We're looking for more participation, so if you would like to select a class of wines instead of a particular bottle, feel free to get creative. Thanks, Sack!

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

Here are the Wine of the Week Tasting Tag Guidelines.  (This topic is pinned at the top of the forum.)

Also at the top of the forum is an index of wines selected so far.  We're looking for more participation, so if you would like to select a class of wines instead of a particular bottle, feel free to get creative.  Thanks, Sack!

Great, so if I pick something and post for early next week that would be okay? I'll get right on it ;)

Congratulations! I passed my Intermediate exam last year and am (finally) starting the Advanced in a couple of months. Tasting plays a much larger part in the Advanced exam, so we'll have to get down to some serious study! :biggrin:

Cheers,

JEM

Cheers,

JEM