• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, kapoorkaran441 said:

Fish and other sea foods are very healthy for our body and brain. Fish provides vitamin k which helps in the growth of hairs. also fish boost up the memory. it is better and healthy then a red meat. It digests easily and have a lots of good nutrients like omega3 fatty acids which is very important for our body. Fish is beneficial for growing children's also.

A bit if a wild generalisation there. Some fish and seafood is positively bad for us. A lot of fish and seafood contains high levels of mercury and other toxins. Many fish are also infested with parasites. In Japan and other countries, fish for sushi must, by law, be frozen before preparation in order to kill the parasites. So you are eating dead parasites instead of live ones. I guess that's healthy!

Also there are huge environmental and sustainability implications with fish and seafood. Not to mention slavery in the SE Asian seafood industry.

Only some fish have omega 3 fatty acids in useful quantities.

I won't mention fugu.

Fish boosting memory? I forget if that is true or just an old wives' tale.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Fish and other sea foods are very healthy for our body and brain. Fish provides vitamin k which helps in the growth of hairs. also fish boost up the memory. it is better and healthy then a red meat. It digests easily and have a lots of good nutrients like omega3 fatty acids which is very important for our body. Fish is beneficial for growing children's also.

A bit if a wild generalisation there. Some fish and seafood is positively bad for us. A lot of fish and seafood contains high levels of mercury and other toxins. Many fish are also infested with parasites. In Japan and other countries, fish for sushi must, by law, be frozen before preparation to kil the parasites. So you are eating dead parasites instead of live ones

Also there are huge environmental implications with fish and seafood. Not to mention slavery in the SE Asian seafood industry.

I won't mention fugu.

liuzhou

liuzhou

A bit if a wild generalisation there. Some fish and seafood is positively bad for us. A lot of fish and seafood contains high levels of mercury and other toxins. Also there are huge environmental implications with fish and seafood. Not to mention slavery in the SE Asian seafood industry.

I won't mention fugu.

liuzhou

liuzhou

25 minutes ago, kapoorkaran441 said:

A bit if a wide generalisation there. Some fish and seafood is positively bad for us. A lot of fish and seafood contains high levels of mercury and other toxins. Also there are huge environmental implications with fish and seafood. Not to mention slavery in the SE Asian seafood industry.