• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tea of green,red,blue,yellow,white,black

xxdxxd2004

Dear macaron&Mozart:

very thank you for your reply.can you tell  me the reasonable price?

i often offer the 500g sample for the people all around the world free charge.of course i never say that 5g samples are little.in fact a lot of company recieve the sample fee.

waiting for your reply

thank you

For the teas that I usually purchase, samples will cost between $2-$4 (occasionally a bit more or less), depending on the price of the tea. (I am sorry for reporting that samples were 5 grams. They are really 15 grams.)

-Robert Kim

do you have to pay for the sample?

thank you

Thanks for explaining the color scale for me.  These things are not well explained by western tea marketers. Where does the color scale come from?  Some green teas look greenish when brewed, most white teas are much lighter in color than any others, and pouchongs do look yellowish... but oolongs don't look blue and teas like darjeeling (which looks to be less than 100% oxidized) don't appear red in the cup.  Who started the color coding tradition?

As to pricing, there are many price points.  Some teas seem to be good value, while others just do not.  The teas I'd mentioned strike me as good value for money, but that is becuase they are fresh and well kept when I buy them.  I've bought other oolongs at similar price points and have been disappointed and found them bad value for money. I just didn't enjoy the Ten Ren Ten Lu tea that they advertise as quite special. 

So, tea pricing really depends on the quality of the tea... which I'd have to taste to judge.  So samples are really essential.

Dear cdh:

i just sent a email to your pm inbox,please recieve it .

veyr thank you for your reply.

your friend

Xie Xiaodong

Edited by xxdxxd2004 (log)

very thank you for your reply.

your are right,can you tell me some about your job?

thank you

My job? I'm a teacher. In Japan. Nothing to do with tea, except that I love it. Except I actually prefer flavoured black teas, heathen that I am :biggrin: . It was just coincidental that the day I read this thread, I had just come back from a visit to Mariage Freres (my favourite tea shop in the world). A friend had ordered a Taiwanese tea that was listed as a blue tea. We searched through their book until we found out what blue teas were. In previous issues of their book, by the way, they use the term oolong, not blue. I'm not sure why they changed...maybe because blue tea sounds more interesting?

The tea my friend ordered, by the way, was called Tarry Souchong from Taiwan. As a lover of flavoured, perfumed teas, it was an assault to my nose. To say it was smokey was putting it lightly--it smelled like someone was smoking some meat the whole time we were there. My poor chocolate tart, along with my lovely tea, were tainted with smoke.

After that experience, I have come to realize that I'm not really a tea connoisseur. I just like my flavoured, perfumed black teas.

very thank you for your reply.

your are right,can you tell me some about your job?

thank you

My job? I'm a teacher. In Japan. Nothing to do with tea, except that I love it. Except I actually prefer flavoured black teas, heathen that I am :biggrin: . It was just coincidental that the day I read this thread, I had just come back from a visit to Mariage Freres (my favourite tea shop in the world). A friend had ordered a Taiwanese tea that was listed as a blue tea. We searched through their book until we found out what blue teas were. In previous issues of their book, by the way, they use the term oolong, not blue. I'm not sure why they changed...maybe because blue tea sounds more interesting?

The tea my friend ordered, by the way, was called Tarry Souchong from Taiwan. As a lover of flavoured, perfumed teas, it was an assault to my nose. To say it was smokey was putting it lightly--it smelled like someone was smoking some meat the whole time we were there. My poor chocolate tart, along with my lovely tea, were tainted with smoke.

After that experience, I have come to realize that I'm not really a tea connoisseur. I just like my flavoured, perfumed black teas.

very thank you for your reply

you tell me you like black tea,i introduce china younnan's Pul tea , it is popular in japan, have you ever heard of it?

thank you

xie xiaodong

Thanks for explaining the color scale for me.  These things are not well explained by western tea marketers. Where does the color scale come from?  Some green teas look greenish when brewed, most white teas are much lighter in color than any others, and pouchongs do look yellowish... but oolongs don't look blue and teas like darjeeling (which looks to be less than 100% oxidized) don't appear red in the cup.  Who started the color coding tradition?

As to pricing, there are many price points.  Some teas seem to be good value, while others just do not.  The teas I'd mentioned strike me as good value for money, but that is becuase they are fresh and well kept when I buy them.  I've bought other oolongs at similar price points and have been disappointed and found them bad value for money. I just didn't enjoy the Ten Ren Ten Lu tea that they advertise as quite special. 

So, tea pricing really depends on the quality of the tea... which I'd have to taste to judge.  So samples are really essential.

Dear cdh:

how are you

have you recieve my tea samples?please give comment and suggestion.

thank you very much

best regards

xie xiaodong

Dear cdh:

how are you

have you recieve my tea samples?please give comment and suggestion.

thank you very much

best regards

xie xiaodong

I did indeed receive the samples and have had the chance to taste the four green teas you sent over the weekend. Two were quite good, and two I had trouble getting much flavor out of.

The quite good were the Daughter's Ring and the BiLuoChun. I'll do a proper tasting and post notes sometime soon.

I wasn't getting much flavor or aroma from the Silvertip or the Steamed Green. Both produced a fine mouthfeel, but the flavor was too subtle, I think.

Maybe it was my brewing technique? I use a YiXing teapot, and water at about 80C, with steeping times between a minute and 1.5 minutes.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

Thank so very much-

the tea arrived this afternoon-

what a wonderful surprise-

i am looking forward to preparing in the morning-

joanne

very thank you for your reply.i am happy that you have recieved my samples in only three days.

i do my best to know what kind of tea and what kind of taste you prefer.china have all kind of tea.

you country's tea all come from other country,so,i have the better quality and lower price tea than the tea sell in your country.the deliver time is also short(3 to 4 days from china to your country)

the green tea that i sent to you all are simple process way to make.that means the taste are the raw material tea taste.it is helpful for people's body.it is more natural than other tea.the green tea come from yunnan.the natual taste is rich.needn't any process.other place's tea need to add different tea to adjust the taste or add other things that is not tea to make the taste well.the yunnan is very few pollution.so from the taste and quality it is natural than other tea and helpful for people's body.

of course,you should tell me your feeling about my samples,and give me suggestion.

so that i can sent the tea that you like for you.

thank you very much

xie xiaodong