• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Restaurants for Groups

So we are looking for a restaurant for a group of about 16 or so. Preferably Italian, northwest with lots of seafood or the like. Moderate prices and good selections for vegetarians, etc.

We have thought of:

Via Trib (how many people does that back room hold?)

Serafina

Tulio

Assagio

Crow

Palace Kitchen

Where else???

For Italian...

Brad's Swingside has a good back room for a group.

Sostanza in Madison Park has a great upstairs space.

It's been some time since I've eaten at either however.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Tango on Capitol Hill has a nice private room.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

THANK GOD!, no one suggested Beppos!

Thank you all, you are a class group.

Oh, we haven't received our invite yet, make it for 18 or so? What date/time. :biggrin:

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

Tango on Capitol Hill has a nice private room.

I second this suggestion. My sister and friends had my bridal shower there a few weeks ago and it was great. We did a small plates tasting menu with each course (there were five) paired with wine. I'd actually only eaten there once before, about three and a half years ago when I first moved to Seattle. At the time I thought it was good, but not great. Well, the bridal shower menu (both food and wine) was great. Everything about the experience was positive.

On another note, if you're not wedded to Italian, you might consider Vios. We took about 12 people there on my wedding weekend itself this past weekend and we had a terrific time. Nice selection, including options for vegetarians and pescatarians, really good food. And I love the decor in that place.

[edited to add Vios rec]

Edited by kieran (log)

THANK GOD!, no one suggested Beppos!

Thank you all, you are a class group.

Oh, we haven't received our invite yet, make it for 18 or so? What date/time.  :biggrin:

We were saving Beppo for your surprise party, now you've gone and ruined it!! :raz:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We had a group of 12 at Stumbling Goat a few weeks ago. Very accomodating, and they did a great job getting the courses out on time.

Surprisingly, the last time we ventured to Palace Kitchen with a large group, the two top adjacent to us complained we were too loud. Hmmm. Not exactly the place for a quiet romantic dinner for two.

We had a group of 12 at Stumbling Goat a few weeks ago. Very accomodating, and they did a great job getting the courses out on time. 

Surprisingly, the last time we ventured to Palace Kitchen with a large group, the two top adjacent to us complained we were too loud.  Hmmm. Not exactly the place for a quiet romantic dinner for two.

good info on stumbling goat!! at palace we've always done the 'private' room.

What about Boat Street? anyone know if they can do a 16 top on a weekend?

Surprisingly, the last time we ventured to Palace Kitchen with a large group, the two top adjacent to us complained we were too loud.  Hmmm. Not exactly the place for a quiet romantic dinner for two.

good info on stumbling goat!! at palace we've always done the 'private' room.

What about Boat Street? anyone know if they can do a 16 top on a weekend?

Not a problem, they have the space that is Boat St Kitchen during the day.

Rocky

• 5 months later...
Palisade.

It's not italian but there is a ton of seafood to choose from.

do they have a private room?? I tend to feel this place is a bit tired- haven't been in a while but it seemed to attract a lot of the silver haired crowd (which is fine, I'm just saying.....)