• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Restaurants for Groups

they should pay me...how about tavolata? they come no louder nor more hip...and agnolotti aside - pretty approachable. the upstairs space is totally cute, there was an 8 top up there last week, but they could easily reconfigure for 12 or so.

la spiga also has some cool semi-private spaces.

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

I second Tavolata and would add Boat St, they have a small private dining space. Palisades' private space is rather large and 12 would definitely rattle around in it. Eastlake Bar and Grill also has a private space with it's own deck and there's a big deck downstairs with a tiki bar.

Rocky

Palisade.

It's not italian but there is a ton of seafood to choose from.

do they have a private room?? I tend to feel this place is a bit tired- haven't been in a while but it seemed to attract a lot of the silver haired crowd (which is fine, I'm just saying.....)

They actually have 3 private rooms of various sizes. There is one that would be perfect for 12 people. It really doesn't attract many blue hairs. I work there and I work the saute station several nights a weeks which is practically in the lobby. So I get to see everyone come in. I can usually judge the overall oage of the crowd depending on what apps get ordered. When lots of older folks come in I go through clams like crazy. That doesn't happen to often.

Edited by Marky Marc (log)