• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

kinnelon/lincoln park/pequannock area

Pringle

I'm looking for something either Japanese (sushi) or Thai in this general area for a Saturday night. Hopefully nothing too expensive and obviously good food. I'll be driving through and don't want to stray too far off of Rts. 23/46 if possible. If the area is lacking in these cuisines, how about quality Chinese food? Please help. Also, if possible, please inform if the restaurant is BYOB or not. Thanks!!!

This is generally a restaurant wasteland area, but if Chinese is acceptable Hunan Cottage, even though it is nothing to look at, has authentic and unusual Chinese dishes. Make sure to ask for the Chinese menu (in English) and be adventurous! We also have a couple of threads here touting the place: Hunan Cottage Egullet Discussion

Hunan Cottage

Route 46 Eastbound

Fairfield

Edited by menton1 (log)

This is generally a restaurant wasteland area, but if Chinese is acceptable Hunan Cottage, even though it is nothing to look at, has authentic and unusual Chinese dishes.  Make sure to ask for the Chinese menu (in English) and be adventurous!  We also have a couple of threads here touting the place:  Hunan Cottage Egullet Discussion

Hunan Cottage

Route 46 Eastbound

Fairfield

I'm not too familiar with this area. If I'm coming from 46E, how far down 46 is it from where it splits with 23? Or, more easily put, how far past Willowbrook Mall? Also, I read the original thread, but we're kind of new to the "foodie" crew, but still pretty daring. Could people suggest things to order and maybe give a description of what they are? Thanks. I'm getting hungry already.

You will be surprised as I was ....YUKI SUSHI. ( 973 ) 838 - 4949. 1370 STATE RT 23 BUTLER, NJ 07405 ...

2 stores with apartment on top doesnt look like much...actually kinda scarey

we wanted some take out and were actually resigned to the fact that if it was awful we would go to BK...

The space is lovely inside the hostes and waiters more than attentive...brought us tea and chose magazines for our wait for take out order

Sushi was very fresh if a little large we also got beef negamaki also good ...we will certainly be back but hopefully not in dirty old work clothes :rolleyes:

byob

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

you could try River Kwai, right off of Route 46W before Willowbrook (in strip mall behind Applebee's). good inexpensive Thai, very nice people working there & it's nicely decorated for some atmosphere.

River Kwai Thai, Restaurant, 400 Minnisink Rd (Totowa Plaza), Totowa (973-812-8488); BYO.

[i'm not too familiar with this area.  If I'm coming from 46E, how far down 46 is it from where it splits with 23?  Or, more easily put, how far past Willowbrook Mall?  Also, I read the original thread, but we're kind of new to the "foodie" crew, but still pretty daring.  Could people suggest things to order and maybe give a description of what they are?  Thanks.  I'm getting hungry already.

It's about 1 mile WEST of 23, look for it on your left going west and take the next U Turn. As far as suggestions, check out the other thread, lots of ideas as to what to order here.