• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Going to Serafina for lunch

I am taking a friends to lunch because she is retiring today and moving to Maine. She wants to have lunch at Serafina and I've never been. Is there anything I MUST try?

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Thanks Wendy!

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

Thanks for the recomendation. It was one of the best lunches I've had in a long time. We started with a glass bottle of Evian, which I haven't had since I was in France 15 years ago, it's so much better than plastic). Then I had the Crostoni della Enoteca Trimani, which was fabulous! Then I ordered the Involtini di Pollo con Prosciutto (Roasted chicken stuffed with herbs and prosciutto; served with cippolini onions, mushrooms, and fava beans; finished with a Madeira pan sauce) and, though it didn't say on the menu, served on something with the consitency of mashed potatoes, but not, and according to my friend, not polenta. I only wish I had the appetite and time for dessert. I will definatly be going back.

My only minor quibble. It wasn't very crowded, and it was a weekday lunch, we didn't expect the whole experience to take two hours. I'm thinking rich retired people or people who are "the boss" tend to be the ones who go there for lunch (luckily my friend, is my newly retired boss). Next time I will go for dinner and plan to be there the whole evening.

They do have leisurely service but if you let them know in the beginning that you need to be out by such and such a time they will accomodate.

During dinner they are packed so make reservations. they also have live jazz and now wine tasting on the 1st Sat of every month.

http://www.serafinaseattle.com/