• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Restaurants in Monteal

Hello everyone,

The Montreal Restaurant scene is an every changing and dynamic business, that I would like to ask you if you know what are the latest restaurants to open in the greater Montreal Area? I read some posts on Montreal Tapas Lounge, Decca77 and others which were very helpful. I would like to ensure that these restaurants are listed on our site: www.RestoMontreal.ca

If you know of any "soon to open" restos please list those also.

If you get a chance to go to our site and happen to find any errors about restaurants listed, please "Report an Error" in the restaurant profile page.

Thanks for your support

Anthony

How can you expect to be a good foodies site if you're way behind guys like us?

You need help, profits with advertising come along with up to dates infos!

I checked and you are missing at least 10 hot spots in montreal!?!?!?!?!

Hi Lesley C and Wizpers, thanks for your welcoming replies. As you may have noticed, our site is only 6 months old and we are building our database of restaurants, we are adding restos on a daily basis. I have a lot of respect for the egullet members and I know they are very familiar with the restaurant scene in Montreal. We are doing all the work we can to stay on top of all restaurants. All I wanted to know is if anyone was aware of a "new" restaurant that is hidden which we might not know about, or some that will be opening soon.

Thanks anyway.

Anthony

True, though, you are missing a ton of places. searches for standards like toque, anise, caprices de nicolas, chevres, brunoise, club chasse et peche, cube, and chronique showed none, while baton rouge proved popular with 8 results and even Wendy's came in with one!

"Bells will ring, ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting.... the bell... bing... 'moray" -John Daker

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Anthony,

Just went through your site, its pretty cool! :cool:

Easy to get around, easy to find everything, and since your new I'm sure you'll progress with your database of restaurants. We cant expect you to have 10000 restaurants in a couple of months!!! :wink:

A little surprised though with your restaurant of the month...Moomba??? Have you ever actually eaten at moomba... yuk!!! The club part is awsome, but the food is not good!!! :wacko:

Had you wanted to pick a restaurant from the Centropolis complex in laval, I would have gone with Ammos, a modern Greek & Mediteranean restaurant with excellent food, stunning decor and an amazing ambience! Its located on the Moomba side of the complex 2 doors down from the SAQ! www.ammos.ca :biggrin:

"The Most Complete Restaurant Guide for Montreal".......

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

Hi Olive Oil King,

Thanks for your compliments, we are working on adding as many restaurants as possible, we are working hard to build up our database. We get many "suggest a restaurant" on a daily basis so we are doing those first.

As for Moomba, I have eaten there and it was actually very good. Our next contact in the centropolis is Elixor but we will keep Ammos in mind for the future.

Thanks again,

Anthony

RestoMontreal.ca

It looks like a great site Anthony. If you get enough people hooked, the database will be great.

I guess you need to stay connected to this site (and the other mtl resto site) and they normally do discuss new places about to open. I'm sure that most people will not run to your site to update it (unless its the owners).

Do a complete search through the archives and glean as much info as possible. Most of the posts are amusing.

Good luck.