• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tex-Mex and BBQ in Dallas area

achevres

• 3 months later...

There are Hispanic/Mexican restaurants, taquerias and taquerias in Mexican markets on Beltline at Josey, which is about 1 1/2 miles east of IH35W. These are all more Mexican than Tex-Mex. This is a great food intersection with two bahn mi shops, a Viet/Filipino market, a few pho shops, a Mexican market, a couple of Mexican restaurants, at least two taquerias, the only Columbian restaurant in the DFW area, a little Greek place, First Chinese BBQ....

There's a La Paloma a couple of miles further east, but I thought it was so-so.

I used to live/work in the area and that intersection, with its strip centers has good food and good markets! Definitely the place for Asian.

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How come no one ever talks about the Mexican restaurants on Jefferson? I have had 2 wonderful meals there this past week at Mesa.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!