• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
achevres

Tex-Mex and BBQ in Dallas area

29 posts in this topic

, the only Columbian restaurant in the DFW area,

Don't forget El Portal.

El Portal Cafe

2810 Trinity Mills

Suite 191

Carrollton, TX 75006

(214) 483-5536

There are Hispanic/Mexican restaurants, taquerias and taquerias in Mexican markets on Beltline at Josey, which is about 1 1/2 miles east of IH35W. These are all more Mexican than Tex-Mex. This is a great food intersection with two bahn mi shops, a Viet/Filipino market, a few pho shops, a Mexican market, a couple of Mexican restaurants, at least two taquerias, the only Columbian restaurant in the DFW area, a little Greek place, First Chinese BBQ....

There's a La Paloma a couple of miles further east, but I thought it was so-so.

I used to live/work in the area and that intersection, with its strip centers has good food and good markets! Definitely the place for Asian.

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...

How come no one ever talks about the Mexican restaurants on Jefferson? I have had 2 wonderful meals there this past week at Mesa.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0