• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Slow Food, San Luis Obispo ?

dockhl

I am finding it hard to believe that, in this beautiful area so suited for it, that there isn't an active Slow Food Group. I probably am not looking in the right place..........

If there isn't, would anyone be interested in helping me start one? Or joining? Or suggesting anything to help?

I'm in Paso Robles but am willing to travel !

:raz: Kathy

• 1 year later...

If I may, I'd like to suggest you contact my friends, Clay & Fredericka Thompson of Claiborne & Churchill Winery. They are very interested in food as well as wine and know lots of like-minded folks around the area. If there is such a group, they'd surely know of it. If not, they may be interested in helping to start one.

Please let me know how it goes. We don't get up there as often as we used to, but still enjoy visiting and attending various dinners at the winery.

Deb

Liberty, MO

If I may, I'd like to suggest you contact my friends, Clay & Fredericka Thompson of Claiborne & Churchill Winery. They are very interested in food as well as wine and know lots of like-minded folks around the area. If there is such a group, they'd surely know of it. If not, they may be interested in helping to start one.

Please let me know how it goes. We don't get up there as often as we used to, but still enjoy visiting and attending various dinners at the winery.

thank you, Deb. Maybe you can PM me with your info so they'll have some idea who sent me :rolleyes:

this is such a delightful area, and I am amazed that I haven't been able to connect with more 'food groups'. Must be looking in the wrong places ! :raz:

My SO and I may have an interest in this and we are located in the Paso area, as well. Let me know what you have in mind, ie; frequency, number of participants, expectations, locations, etc... Look forward to a reply.

Raoul

"I drink to make other people interesting".