• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

True Lemon/True Lime

SuzySushi

P.S., When I clicked the link today, it took me to a search page. I then found it again by typing in "True Lemon." The article's title is "Lemon Idea Crystallized His Success" and its complete URL is: http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-b...,6066263.column

SuzySushi

"She sells shiso by the seashore."

My eGullet Foodblog: A Tropical Christmas in the Suburbs

• 8 months later...

True Lemon/True Lime

this comes in individual packets............but more useful, a shaker bottle. I love lime and use it a lot but every now and then find myself without a fresh one. I would be great to have something that would give decent (read: not processed tasting!) flavor.

Hmmmmmmm........mixed with salt to rim a Margarita or bloody mary glass? :raz:

I have tried the lemon. I purchased it to mix with water...because I don't like plain water. At home, I use real lemons...but when I am at work or out of the house for the day the packets come in handy. It doesn't taste particularly fake...but I have never attempted to cook with it.

I've tried this product once.

It doesn't have an artificial or chemical taste, which is good. I could see where this would come in handy when traveling, but can't figure out what I'd want it for at home, where I can keep real lemons or reconstituted lemon juice on hand. (Well, it would save storage space vs. the latter.)

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

I've tried this product once.

It doesn't have an artificial or chemical taste, which is good.  I could see where this would come in handy when traveling, but can't figure out what I'd want it for at home, where I can keep real lemons or reconstituted lemon juice on hand.  (Well, it would save storage space vs. the latter.)

I really dislike the taste of reconstituted lemon juice, think it has a yucky chemical taste (and I hate the way it looks!). Good to know that this, at least, doesn't taste atrtifical.........